Monday, November 12, 2007

TOMORROW's DOCTOR APPOINTMENT

Tomorrow I see an Orthopedic Surgeon to review my MRI and X-RAY tests. I am very frustrated with University of Pennsylvania's Orthopedic Dept. My original surgeon who did my cervical fusion 3/6/2006 is MIA. That is scary. They (HUP) will not tell me anything of where he is or how to get a hold of him. I called my insurance company and did an extensive search on the Internet and the results show he is not listed at any other hospital or practice. So I had to go to the surgeon who replaced Dr. Chin and his name Dr. Christian Fras. He has only been there for about 6 months and now he has left the hospital. I now have to see another new surgeon to review my results. I am not very confident that I will get any substantial information regarding the test results and the my severe pain.

Dr. Chin was one of the best Orthopedic surgeons in the country and specialized in severe neck anomalies. I also seen in the past another leading surgeon in the country (Dr. Todd Albert)located at Jefferson Hospital. Due to the problems at HUP I made an appointment to see Dr. Albert in January to see what he says about my test results.

I am also considering going to the Cleveland Clinic or the Mayo Clinic based on how I feel when I see the surgeon tomorrow. Many times when I have seen surgeons for the first time and they do not want anything to do with me because of the severe complications in my neck.

I'll let every one know tomorrow night what happened.

No comments: