Thursday, November 8, 2007

MRI & XRAY TEST RESULTS

I received my test results of my cervical MRI and XRAYS that were performed on 10/29/2007. I am not a doctor but based on my research and results of previous pre-surgery tests the results were not good. It seems my neck is continuing to degenerate even with the cervical spine fusion from C0-C5. The main results that stand out to me is that I have severe Osteopenia. Osteopenia is basically the step that comes before Osteoporosis. My bone density is extremly low. I also have Spondylolisthesis which is a condition in which one bone in your back (vertebra) slides forward over the bone below it. It is worse when my neck moves. Spondylolisthesis may be caused by any of a number of problems with the small joints in your back. You could have:
A defective joint that you've had since birth (congenital).
A joint damaged by an accident or other trauma.
A vertebra with a stress fracture caused from overuse of the joint.
A joint damaged by an infection or arthritis.

There are about 5-10 other problems that I am not going into detail about because
I won't know the extent and details of the results until I see my orthopedic surgeon on 11/13/2007.

No comments: